We are seeking a part-time director of children’s outreach to provide vision and direction for children’s ministry through outreach events and mid-week programming, working with parents, volunteers and family ministries leaders so children become followers of Jesus Christ.
The director of children’s outreach reports to the pastor of youth and family ministries to ensure the spiritual, theological and relational harmony within the overall vision of First Evangelical Free Church. This person is accountable to the Board of Elders.
- Must demonstrate an authentic and enthusiastic commitment to Jesus Christ through a lifestyle that is characterized by prayer, knowledge and application of God’s Word, love for others, integrity, and support for staff, parents and volunteers
- Must be in full agreement with the doctrinal statement, ministry vision and leadership of First Evangelical Free Church
- Must be willing to be a regular attender and/or member of First Evangelical Free Church
- Must have children’s ministry leadership experience with formal Christian education or childhood development training; bachelor’s degree or higher is desired
- Must be an effective leader and communicator with the ability and desire to lead and equip people in the church to do ministry; this entails recruiting, teaching, organizing, training, encouraging and ministry support
- Must have a discernable call to and passion for children’s ministry
- Must have the ability to communicate and connect with children and parents, along with providing spiritual care (counseling, prayer and visitation)
- Regularly teach the Word of God to our children
- Oversee and coordinate annual large outreach events for children and families: Encounter Festival, VBS, Trunk or Treat, and Retreat 46
- Recruit, train, supervise and care for a ministry leadership team comprised of program coordinators, collaborating with them in recruiting, training, supervising and caring for volunteers under their specific areas
- Consistently communicate with program coordinators to ensure that each of their areas have the resources necessary to function properly including curriculum, materials, etc.
- Work closely with program coordinators to provide leadership and assistance in ideation, event and calendar planning, problem solving, etc.
- Facilitate regular program coordinator meetings to ensure ongoing evaluation of overall ministry effectiveness and event planning
- Ensure consistent connection and communication with families through such means as the weekly Club Connection, website, posters, brochures, etc.
- Ensure diligent adherence to First Evangelical Free Church’s Child Safety and Abuse Prevention Policies and Procedures
- Manage the children’s outreach ministry budget within the family ministries budget
- Communicate with the facilities manager and administrative assistant regarding children’s ministry facilities needs