We are looking for a leader who is passionate about helping kids and families grow in Christ to join our team as director of children’s ministry.
- Must meet the qualifications of a deacon/deaconess as stated in 1 Tim 3:8-13.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent ministry experience/training preferred.
- This person must also show a motivated desire to model a life of continual learning, growth, repentance and being a faithful follower of Christ by the grace of God.
- Must be in agreement with the EFCA Statement of Faith and the PEFC Constitution and By-Laws.
- Financial oversight
- Develop and manage children’s ministry budget and expenses
- Organizational oversight
- Guide and direct children’s ministry leadership team
- Supervise general children’s ministry activities
- Manage volunteers and special events
- Prioritize immediate ministry needs
Leadership and vision casting
- Bring direction, clarity and focus to PEFC children’s ministry
- Establish the vision for PEFC children’s ministry and communicate with leadership
- Establish and oversee leadership ream to assist in the leadership and vision casting of PEFC children’s ministry
- Facilitate leadership team meetings
- Delegate leadership and volunteer positions
- Conduct regular evaluations of leadership team and ministry programming
- Enforce standard of operations found in the PEFC children’s ministry handbook
- Communicate with volunteers expectations, current issues and the vision for the future
- Attend all required staff and ministry team meetings
- Support, equip and encourage volunteers through personal contact, training and special events
- Build relationships with volunteers to encourage a team atmosphere
- Communicate with parents and the church family regarding things related to children’s ministry programming
- Follow-up on inquiries about PEFC children’s ministry
- Report ministry successes and challenges to leadership team, staff and church body as necessary
- Sunday School and midweek programming
- Oversee curriculum evaluation and selection team
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and training
- Provide vision and direction for all programming
- Observe and address current issues and concerns
- Articulate concerns to the children’s ministry leadership team
- Summer programming
- Research current summer programming ideas and assess what is best for PEFC
- Oversee planning and organization of summer outreach programming
- Special events and programming
- Assess purpose and vision for additional children’s ministry activities
- Assist with planning, organizing and facilitating special events (e.g. Easter or Palm Sunday events, Christmas program, family picnics, kickball, etc.)
How to apply
If you would like to apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.