GraceWay Church is a growing, active congregation a short drive from Madison, Wisconsin. The director of children’s ministry is responsible for oversight, administration and evaluation of children’s ministries (nursery through fifth Grade, including Awana) at GraceWay Church.
- An active, dedicated, mature Christian striving for excellence in life and ministry as evidenced by a pattern of integrity and a love for Christ, the gospel and the Scriptures.
- A deep love and passion for the children of our church and community.
- If married or a parent, models God-honoring relationships with his/her spouse and/or children.
- Able to fully embrace the vision, values and statement of faith of GraceWay Church, and will participate as an active member in good standing.
- Self-motivated leadership with a proven ability to build a team by recruiting and developing volunteers and communicating vision to others.
- An energetic team player with strong people skills for all ages: adults (staff and parents) and children.
- Good administrative, organization, communication and follow-through skills.
- Strategically oversee and develop children’s ministry weekly programs (Sunday School, Children’s Church, nursery, Awana) with the help of volunteer coordinators.
- Recruit, lead, guide and equip children’s ministries coordinators, casting vision and providing direction for the spiritual growth of the children. Coordinators in turn recruit for each individual ministry.
- Facilitate communication between ministry coordinators, volunteers, church family, staff and church leadership.
- Develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with coordinators, teachers, volunteers, children and parents/guardians.
- Coordinate and plan staff development for coordinators, teachers and other volunteers.
- Collaborate with other ministries (worship arts, outreach, etc.) to prepare for seasonal outreach and ministry events (e.g., Live Nativity, Egg Hunt, VBS, etc.). Coordinate or delegate special events childcare.
- Oversee administration of the Child and Youth Protection Plan, including screening and training of all staff and volunteers who work with children.
- Oversee curriculum evaluation and selection process, ensuring use of doctrinally sound and age-appropriate materials.
- Maintain attendance data and adjust classroom assignment and volunteer numbers accordingly.
- Prepare annual financial budget for children’s ministries with input from others and oversee all spending within this budget. Purchase (or delegate the purchase of) needed supplies and equipment.
The director of children’s ministry shall work under the supervision of the lead pastor or a supervisor designated by the lead pastor.
Part-time, approximately 16 hours per week. Work hours will include a combination of on-site hours (Sunday mornings, special events, staff meetings, regular office hours and other times as necessary) and off-site hours (meetings, phone calls, purchasing, work at home).
How to apply
Please submit a completed employment application together with a resumé to:
Pastor Bryan Brotherton – firstname.lastname@example.org
65 Thirteenth Street
Prairie du Sac, WI 53578