Reporting to the business manager, this exempt, full-time position shall have the following abilities and talents:
- A sincere interest and care for those served by the pastoral staff of First Evangelical Free Church (FEFC) and for the entire ministry of FEFC
- Agreement with the doctrinal positions of FEFC as expressed in the EFCA Statement of Faith and core church documents (constitution and bylaws, staff handbook, financial policies and procedures)
- Ability to properly speak, read and write the English language
- Ability to work well within a team ministry structure, as evidenced by relationships characterized by biblical unity and the Fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23)
- Ability to understand the goals of our ministries, programs and events so ministry desires can be effectively communicated to the target audience in accordance with the vision, mission and core values of FEFC
- Technical and creative skill with computer design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, website development, printing processes, social media and video production
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Education: Preferred in communications, marketing and/or graphic arts.
- Experience: Preferred.
Duties as may be required:
- Design various ministry and promotional pieces and oversee printing
- Develop and maintain FEFC social media presence
- Develop and execute communication to church family (e.g. weekly e-newsletter to possibly replace the printed bulletin and lessen the need for pulpit announcements)
- Design Sunday service graphics (e.g. announcement slides, sermon slides, videos, etc.)
- Create Sunday announcements (e.g. a welcome crawl or announcement video)
- Manage sermon uploads (e.g. audio, video and podcast formats)
- Implement website design and maintenance
- Administer all signage so it is professional and consistent
- Develop and implement marketing plan for special events
- Develop a communication and media budget in conjunction with the business manager
- Other duties as assigned
How to apply
If interested in applying, please contact business manager, Joe Squires at 412-678-6655 for an application.