The pastoral resident position exists to fulfill our mission of making disciples who make disciples, by making pastors who make pastors. The ideal candidate is one that has a thriving relationship with Jesus, has a seminary degree and has apostolic gifts to advance God's Kingdom in the surrounding community. Residency is a hands-on experience that uses real-life pastoral responsibilities as the foundation for development and continued discipleship. The candidate would also be "church plant ready" and sees that as the most foreseeable outcome of his time as a resident with Five Oaks Church.
- Seminary degree
• Assist in budget planning
• Assist in preparing quarterly and annual reports
• Evaluate effectiveness of current ministries
• Assist in evaluating current and future needs of the church (facilities, ongoing logistics, curriculum, member integration, etc.)
• Offer soul care to individuals, couples and families
• Teach during worship services as needed (quarterly at Five Oaks, quarterly at other Minnesota churches)
• Enhance team dynamics
• Develop ministry program leaders
• Train marketplace workers to adapt missionary mindset in their integration of faith with work
• Develop processes for equipping leaders, pastors and church planters
• Consider different church planting approaches respective to culture
How to apply
Visit our website to request your next steps.