The children’s pastor is an innovative leader who serves the parents of children, and children whose ages range is birth through 6th grade.
This person creatively brings to life the vision of revealing Jesus and biblical truth to children, inspiring them to meet and follow Jesus, and developing the five basic traits of a disciple in their lives: Love God and His Word (the Bible), Talk with God (Prayer), worship in community, serve others before self, and live generously (time, talents and treasure).
- Servant’s heart; exhibits grace; team player
- Understands child development and the biblical role of parents in disciplemaking
- Engages children in age-appropriate ways, allowing them to experience the love of Christ
- Equips and motivates parents and volunteers
- Exercises wisdom and good judgment when dealing with children, parents and/or volunteers
- Creative with effective organization, time management and communication skills
- Ability to function as a team member in a multi-staff church context
- Creates excitement and engagement in all children’s ministries, especially Sunday morning activities
- Partners with parents and engages children to lead them toward a personal relationship with Jesus and a biblical worldview
- Reproduces himself in the other Grace Kids ministry leaders [e.g. Summer Camps, AWANA, VBS, etc.] and leads them toward an integrated implementation of the children’s ministry vision
- Engages Grace Kids teams with “Team Grace” ministry activities as requested
How to apply
The search process is being coordinated through our executive pastor. Please forward your resume with your interest in applying for the position to Blair Abbott. He will send you a job description, ministry application form and provide direction on next steps.