The director of kids ministry is the chief architect and leader of the kids ministry for the purpose of helping New Hope Church live out our mission to help people find and follow Jesus.
Ministry target: Children, age 0 through fifth grade
Accountable to: Lead pastor
Time Commitment: 32-40 hours/week
- Provide leadership to New Hope Church’s children’s ministry, which includes oversight of the Amplify leadership team (midweek ministry to kids) and serving as a liaison to New Hope’s New Beginnings Preschool
- Develop and lead a comprehensive children’s ministry strategy to effectively help children find and follow Jesus
- Recruit, lead and delegate ministry to the children’s ministry volunteers
- Intentionally lead efforts, in coordination with the student ministry pastor, to connect New Hope Church with the ADM school system and its staff, teachers and students
- Provide leadership to additional ministry area(s) of the church that match personal gifting and passion with ministry opportunities and needs within the church or community
Specific job tasks
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all facets of children’s ministry at New Hope Church and continually seek ways to make improvements
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the kids ministry, including vision, planning and strategy
- Be current in teaching techniques, curriculum development, children’s discipleship tools and the current Generation Z culture
- Lead in the management, recruitment and development of adult and teen volunteers
- Find avenues to encourage and resource parents in discipling their own children
- Provide support and oversight to our evangelistic efforts, such as Amplify, VBS and any other outreach efforts to children
- Oversee implementation of the Child and Youth Safety Policy and volunteer background checks for kids ministry helpers
- Actively communicate about children’s ministry to the elders, staff and congregation
- Coordinate with the connections director to ensure all first time kids are followed up on and properly assimilated
Paid staff expectations
- Be a member of New Hope Church in good standing
- Annually set goals for self and area of ministry (goals will be reviewed with the lead pastor)
- Actively participate in a worship service at least 50 percent of your Sundays and watch/listen to the sermon online when you are unable to be in the worship service
- This position has tremendous flexibility on when hours are used for ministry with the exception of attendance at the weekly staff meetings (currently on Monday mornings) and Sunday mornings
- Maintain healthy relationships with the congregation and staff
- Maintain a healthy and growing relationship with God
- This person needs to be a grace-filled leader who is excellent at recruiting, organizing and empowering volunteers to make an eternal impact in the lives of children.
- This person needs to be effective as a communicator and team builder.
- This person needs to blend passion and creativity (to see what can be) with the ability to be organized and consistent (to lead what is).
- This person needs to passionately love God and have a calling to ministry to children.
- This person needs to be willing to commit to this ministry role and not view it as a short-term part-time job or stepping stone ministry to something else.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and a letter of introduction to email@example.com.