Westwood Church believes the hope for the future church is to spiritually invest in the next generation of Jesus followers. This is primarily accomplished through equipping and investing in parents, a healthy and empowered team of volunteers, and effectively engaging children. The role of the children’s director is to provide safe environments for children to experience the wonder, imagination and inspiration of a spiritual journey with God.
For more information about Westwood Church, the position and to start the process, please visit http://www.westwoodstcloud.org/career.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, involving some theological training
- Two to three years of demonstrated experience in children’s ministry
- Proven empowering, equipping and team-building mindset
- Serve as a member of the family ministry team to provide excellent ministry to the children and families entrusted to us under the leadership of the family ministry pastor
- Recruit, train, coach, remind and encourage an inspired team of volunteers in all aspects of ministry to children
- Help our ministry to families and children keep advancing, adapting and improving not only during Sunday mornings but throughout the week
- Shape environments that engage the imagination and wonder of children as well as providing accessible resources to empower parents via technology, instruction, coaching and encouraging
- Present engaging, gospel-centered teaching that inspires, instructs and creatively compels our children and families in ways that reflect our values and priorities
- Help foster, defend and encourage a healthy leadership culture which ultimately leads to a healthy church culture
- Promote a team/collaboration orientation among our leadership
- Value respectful, open feedback, honesty and interactions that build trust, camaraderie and growth as fellow leaders
How to apply
Please visit http://www.westwoodstcloud.org/career for more information and/or to start the conversation.