Hope Church of Albert Lea is seeking a full-time children's ministry director (CMD) to oversee, manage and advance the vision and mission of the church among the young ones of our area. Applicants must have a heart for both teaching and reaching kids. Simply put, we are asking this person to help us reach lost kids, care for broken kids and develop followers of Jesus out of all of our kids! God has given us favor among the kids of our community, and we believe the potential for harvest is great! This position will provide direct oversight and creative leadership to ages 0 to 12, with the primary focus being 3 to 12 years.
The CMD will be asked to recruit, train, equip, communicate and support the Hope Kids Serve Team to facilitate highly engaging, creative and spiritually rich worship environments, as well as other supplementary outreaches and kid-focused events throughout the year. The CMD will be responsible to establish children’s teaching and reaching opportunities in conjunction with the overall mission and vision of the church as set by the lead pastor.
This position will also provide oversight and direction to the nursery, by supporting the nursery team leader and providing help and assistance as they lead the ministry to our little ones. The CMD will report to the lead pastor.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with their direct reports and Lead Pastor to ensure the vision of Hope Church is implemented in all aspects of Children’s ministry
- Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for weekend services, events and outreaches
- Recruit, develop and train high quality leaders for Serve Team roles
- Formulate children’s ministry facility standards for existing and new worship spaces
- Keep weekly office hours as directed to ensure good communication and collaboration with the team
- Oversee the budget for all children’s ministry including the purchasing, projecting, and requesting of general and special funds
- Develop integrated training processes for nursery, and special needs ministry leaders and Serve Team members
- Help develop and maintain all safety and security standards surrounding our worship facilities and children’s gathering spaces
- Experience and knowledge required
- Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people, including Hope Staff Team, Serve Team volunteers, parents, kids, etc.
- Must seek God for creative, Spirit-led, innovative ways to grow and reach kids with the gospel
- Ability to communicate the gospel through various means to children of various ages in a way they can grasp
- Leadership background and experience serving with kids and a demonstrated heart for children and parents
- Proven ability to lead volunteers and a serve team
- Ability to provide written communication to parents and volunteers
- Ability to use or learn necessary tech to facilitate ministry (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in working with special needs kids
- Experience serving parents and children of diverse backgrounds
- A work and/or educational history of stability and growth
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a loyal and devoted servant
- Must share the vision of Hope Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion, as well as be fully supportive of our statement of faith and church mission
- Problem-solving and solution-oriented approach
- Willingness to deal with conflict in a godly and timely way that leads to reconciliation
- Committed to honor authority and maintain good relationships with leadership and those you lead in the church
- Deep love and devotion to Christ personally
- Actively and regularly pursuing Christ on a personal level, through worship at Hope Church, personal bible devotions and using their gifts to serve the Kingdom
- Commitment to be fully engaged and supportive in the life of Hope Church outside of your area of ministry
- Invested team member who shows interest, support and a helpful attitude toward other team members and their areas of ministry
- Genuine love for kids of all backgrounds and a desire to see them connect with Christ
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com to begin the application process.
I wanted to take a second to let you know our leadership team is praying for you to discern God’s leading as you apply for this position and possibly others. We know these are uncertain times for many, so our prayer is that you would walk in faith. We pray that God would guide you by faith into new doors of opportunity or guide you to remain where you already are in faith. We pray you would hear His voice and trust him in the process. If you sense he’s leading you to pursue this opportunity we look forward to meeting you. If not, please know we are praying for you just the same.
May the Lord awaken our nation, our cities, our towns and our world to His power in these days.
His blessings to you.