We exist to honor God by making disciples of Jesus Christ who are and are becoming convinced by Jesus, changed to be like him, called to his priorities, and committed to loving relationships.
We are seeking a full-time associate pastor or director of student ministries who will provide vision, administrative oversight and pastoral leadership for making disciples of Jesus among and through the students of Bible EFC and the surrounding region (Eastern Monroe County). The person God leads to fill this position will have the relational aptitude to make disciples, a commitment to develop and manage teams, and demonstrated faithfulness and loyalty to Jesus Christ and the leadership God has raised up at Bible EFC.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Call from God to vocational ministry making disciples among students
- Demonstrated maturity according to the biblical qualifications for elder (1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9)
- Must have a college degree or equivalent experience in a Christian ministry setting
- Training and experience in a disciplemaking ministry and philosophy with a demonstrable desire for further training and growth
- Spiritual gifts and passion for student ministries and the ability to relate to and care for people of all ages
- Pastoral candidates must be credentialed or in process of credentialing with the Evangelical Free Church of America
- Lead: To be an active member of the pastoral team and elder board in order to provide leadership to Bible EFC. To fulfill pastoral duties (counseling, pastoral care, worship services, communion, preaching, etc.) as needed in coordination with the pastoral staff. (15%)
- Multiply: To recruit and train a youth administrator and volunteer adult leaders. To develop a team of adult volunteers who have gifts and passion for specific areas of student ministry. (15%)
- Connect: To develop and evaluate creative, relevant outreach and connecting strategies to relationally identify with students of Tomah and the surrounding area (John 1:39). To provide culturally relevant instruction and encouragement for students in the basic truths of the Bible and disciplines of following Jesus Christ. (30%)
- Grow: To equip students with a Biblical Christian belief system to guide them in living as Christ’s disciples. (20%)
- Serve: To develop ministry opportunities for students to use the gifts and talents to serve and lead others and to share their faith. (20%)
How to apply
We are accepting applications until January 8, 2020.
A position description for this staff role may be found at www.bibleefc.org.
Qualified candidates who are interested in this position may begin the application process by submitting a cover letter, and their resume (with references) to Pastor Tim Erickson at Office@Bibleefc.org or PastorTim@Bibleefc.org.