Hillcrest is a thriving church in small-town Nebraska with a growing number of young families and a committed group of youth ministry volunteers. We are looking for a pastor of student ministries to lead and implement our vision as we continue to develop an environment where students can meet Jesus, know Jesus and serve like Jesus.
- A personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent, growing relationship with Him as Lord
- Agreement with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America and the constitution and bylaws of Hillcrest Evangelical Free Church (HEFC)
- A passion for youth ministry, a sense of calling by God and spiritual gifts consistent with the responsibilities, including teaching and administration
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred)
- Three to five years of experience working with youth (full-time professional student ministry experience preferred)
- Male (married preferred)
- Lead in the development and implementation of a philosophy and strategy for student ministries at HEFC
- Together with volunteer staff, develop and implement short- and long-term strategies for student ministry and evaluate effectiveness
- Recruit, equip and supervise volunteer staff to partner in student ministries
- Plan and implement meaningful activities to provide opportunities for spiritual growth for the students
- Be available to students through regular personal contact
- Provide counseling and guidance to students and their families during periods of crisis
- Work with the Christian education ministry coordinator and volunteers to propose and administer the annual student ministry budget
- Function in a team environment with other pastoral staff, being responsible to coordinate student ministries within the total church ministries
- Other pastoral duties as assigned by the administrative pastor
How to apply
If interested, please send your resume via email to Steve Behlen.
Once your resume is received, an email response will be sent confirming your resume was received and informing you of our search timeline.