- This position is under the supervision of and reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Primary areas of ministry responsibility shall be High School and Middle School Students (70-75%); more limited involvement with Children's Ministries (20-25%) and other responsibilities (5-10%).
- Shall be supportive of the EFCA Statement of Faith and Living Hope's philosophy of ministry, mission statement, staff and leadership.
- Encourage and equip students to live their lives as God intends.
- Provide consistent and relevant Bible instruction and application.
- Be involved in the planning, coordinating and implementation of ministries for students at various levels of spiritual interest and maturity.
- Promote and coordinate special events such as camps, conferences, mission and service trips.
- Maintain healthy, caring, discipling relationships and encourage volunteers to do the same.
- Establish rapport with students by attending regular church programs and through informal contact, such as school events, community activities, etc.
- Communicate vision of ministry and specific plans with parents. Endeavor to understand parents' concerns and integrate parents into the program when possible.
- Be a resource to help parents engage effectively with their children.
- Recruit, train and supervise student ministry sponsors and volunteers.
- Give vision and leadership to the Board of Christian Education in the area of children's ministry.
- Develop and submit an annual budget for the student ministry program.
- Participate in overall ministry to congregation as directed by Senior Pastor.
- Maintain positive working relationships with church staff and leadership.
For Personal Growth
- Attend conferences and seminars for personal/professional growth and mentorship.
- Maintain an active involvement in EFCA ministerial, training and fellowship opportunities.
- Has or will pursue a ministry credential with the EFCA.
How to apply
Contact Search Chair, John Barzillo - firstname.lastname@example.org