The associate pastor (AP) will oversee family ministry with a special emphasis on youth ministry. They will provide pastoral ministry and care to the families of Gothenburg Evangelical Free Church and work to reach students in our community. The student ministry of Gothenburg E-Free Church (called Rooted) will align with our mission to make disciples who make disciples.
The AP will teach and model the gospel to the students. The emphasis of the ministry will be the proclamation and demonstration of the gospel. He will lead a ministry environment that fosters healthy relationships between students, leaders and parents. He will help develop in the students a heart of worship in all areas of life, while honoring the unique makeup of each person. The AP will strive to model and develop in the students a spirit of compassion to those in need, to love their neighbors and to be kind to outsiders. He will initiate opportunities to encourage the students to take the mission outside of our church walls.
The AP reports directly to the senior pastor and the church board.
Shepherding and care
- Provide spiritual and pastoral care to students
- Be actively engaged in the community school activities as a way to support and reach students
- Ensure a safe environment for all participants, including those with special needs or emotional concerns
- Communicate effectively with parents and students
- Define and protect healthy boundaries for self, students and leaders
- Integrate students into church life and prepare them for continued church involvement after graduation
- Develop ministry leaders, in accordance with Eph 4:12: recruit, train and delegate to leaders (as able) so the ministry can multiply
- Oversee the planning and execution of the student ministry
- Provide monthly ministry updates to the church board and regular updates to the congregation
- General Pastoral duties including hospital visits, crisis care, and officiating weddings and funerals as needed
- Must meet the qualifications of elder from 1 Tim and Titus
- Must have an active, growing and healthy relationship with Jesus
- Must agree to and represent the mission, values and Confession of Faith of Gothenburg E-Free Church
- Credentialed with the EFCA or willing to pursue credentialing
- A Master of Divinity is preferred or commensurate experience in ministry
- Strong technology skills with prior use of MS Office, Sound, Multimedia, Proclaim, FB, Instagram, etc. is preferred
How to apply
If you would like more information about this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.