The overarching purpose of this position is to initiate and provide direction, leadership, oversight and support for the discipleship and family ministry of GracePoint Church. Discipleship ministry relates to the training, instruction and spiritual growth of people of all ages at GracePoint. Family ministry provides support and encouragement for family members to carry out their biblical roles in the context of their familial relationships.
- Give testimony and life witness of: (1) being a committed believer in Jesus Christ, (2) spiritual gifts relevant to leadership of this ministry and (3) prior ministry experience.
- Have an adequate biblical education, preferably at the college or graduate school level, ministry experience that is appropriate to these responsibilities, and a continuous desire to be learning in order to become a more effective leader.
- Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to teach effectively and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
- Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life (if applicable).
- Be committed to teamwork within the structure of the church.
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of GracePoint Church.
- Be ordained or in the process of ordination, preferably with the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- Demonstrate a desire and plan to grow in his relationship with the Lord.
- Have a passion for the vision and values of GracePoint Church.
- Have a passion for relational ministry.
- Able to identify, equip and mobilize leaders for ministry.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to manage and coach multiple teams.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to articulate a discipleship strategy.
- Able to communicate vision and direction for discipleship.
- Have an understanding of and experience with age appropriate curriculum.
- Have an understanding of the needs of multiple age groups.
- Love being with multiple age groups.
- Able to articulate the scope of a family based ministry.
- Have an in-depth understanding of Scripture and the ability to teach it in a manner that stimulates life transformation.
- Children’s ministry: Oversees and provides support, direction and resources for children’s ministries. Recruits lay staff.
- Student ministry: Oversees and provides support and direction for student ministries. Recruits lay staff.
- Small group ministry: Oversees and provides support, direction and resources for small groups. Recruits a small groups directional team and small group leaders.
- Mentoring ministry: Develops a mentoring program. Oversees and provides support, direction and resources. Recruits lay mentors.
- Works with staff, elders and lay leadership to develop a comprehensive direction for discipleship.
- Develops and provides resources and support for marriage enrichment and parenting.
- Provides support for men’s and women’s ministries.
- Helps support parents in their role of providing primary spiritual leadership and training for their children.
Other pastoral duties
- Relational ministry: visiting and connecting with the church body and greater community.
- Occasional preaching.
- Occasional counseling.
- Weddings and funerals.
How to apply
Contact Bob Sproul, senior pastor, with questions and to receive an application.