Creekside Church is a healthy, mid-sized church (500 average Sunday attendees, 250 official members) in Rocklin, California. As a church planted more than 30 years ago, we enjoy the stability of an established congregation, but we also continually strive to pursue the mission God has given us.
We prioritize a culture of invitation over marketing and sharing a table over programs. For that reason, three years ago, we shifted from a traditional small group model to a “Gospel Community” approach to church life. For us, Gospel Community means small gatherings of church members throughout our community where meals are shared, the community is blessed and invited in, and our lives are open to the transforming work of Jesus and the upbuilding power of a spiritual family. We now have 18 Gospel Communities comprised 250 people who dig into Scripture together in smaller “sacred space” gatherings, invest in each other relationally and spiritually over meals in “social space” gatherings, and send one another to be a blessing to friends, neighbors and coworkers in the various “public spaces” they inhabit.
We also meet on Sundays in larger gatherings for simple but compelling worship, clear teaching from Scripture, and personal connection with God and with each other.
We think of ourselves as a family on a mission. Our primary mode of operating is to build community around Jesus, recognizing this means caring for the believers within our church, but also reaching out in love and service to those who don’t share our faith commitments. In both cases, building community around Jesus is the means for growth. While we consider Gospel Communities to be our primary expression of what God intends his church to look like, we also invest heavily in our Sunday morning gatherings, in various men’s, women’s, youth and kids’ ministries, and in local and global missions through key partners.
We are a church in the midst of some significant staff transitions (our current lead pastor, Mark Beuving, was officially instated in June 2020). At the same time, we are still trying to adapt in the midst of the ongoing age of COVID. We believe these challenges are also opportunities, and we are excited about bringing on an associate pastor that can share the vision of the church and help lead us into greater health and impact.
- A calling to pastoral ministry
- A lifestyle in keeping with the gospel
- A passion for pursuing God’s mission
- Seminary training preferred
- Pastoral ministry experience preferred
General pastoral duties
- Invest in the overall discipleship of the church
- Preach and teach as directed by the lead pastor
- Assist lead pastor and the rest of the staff with events and programs as needed, including leading projects and events at times
- Counsel, encourage and disciple individual church members as needed
- Devote yourself to prayer for the people and mission of the church and for the unchurched people in our area
- Own and refine the vision for Gospel Communities as needed in conjunction with the elders and lead pastor
- Recruit, equip and encourage leaders
- Connect congregation to groups
- Communicate the heart of GC and stories from GCs to the congregation as a whole
- Remediate struggling groups
Global and local ministry
- Work with the elders and staff to develop a vision and strategy for both local and global ministry
- Shepherd teams and volunteer leaders to carry out the strategy and to care for our mission partners
- Communicate the heart of the strategy to the congregation and our Gospel Communities regularly; one primary way of doing this is through telling stories of what God is doing in these areas
Men’s and women’s ministry
- Work with volunteer and staff leaders to ensure that men’s and women’s ministries have a healthy vision and strategies that complement the overall vision of the church
- Recruit, equip and encourage a team of volunteer leaders
- Oversee the planning of events and programs to ensure effectiveness and fiscal responsibility
How to Apply
Send the following to email@example.com:
- Submit a resume describing your ministry experience and education
- Include a statement of why you believe you would be a good fit with Creekside Church
- Include a video or audio link to a message you’ve preached
View the full job description here.