We are a small but vibrant EFCA church of 50 people located about five miles from Boston. We are committed to making mature disciples for Jesus both here and around the world. Teaching ESL is one of our main ministries.
- We are looking for a godly man to serve as associate pastor to assist the senior pastor and elders in the basic shepherding and oversight of the church.
- We are looking for someone to assist in teaching and occasional preaching (about once a month), and some or all of the following: leading worship (proficiency in a musical instrument and/or voice a plus), college and community outreach, children/youth ministry, teaching ESL, occasional counseling.
- We are also looking to become more missional as a church, beyond our ESL program alone, with more of a footprint in the community in terms of outreach and service. Skills in that area would be a plus.
- Meets requirements for an elder in 1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9
- Must have M.Div.
- Must agree with the EFCA Statement of Faith
- Credentialed with or willing to be with the EFCA
- Holds to the complementarian view regarding the roles of men and women as well as to the biblical views on gender, sexuality and marriage (one man, one woman for life) without reservation
- A team player—can handle differences of opinions on ministry and other issues peaceably and in a mature manner
- Comfortable working in a small church environment
- Humble, servant leader—willing to get his hands dirty if necessary (in a small church you sometimes have to shovel snow, unclog a toilet or drive someone to a doctor's appointment—Mark 10:42-45)
- Previous pastoral experience is preferred but not absolutely necessary for the right candidate
How to apply
Contact Alex McDonough (senior pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your resume
- Statement of faith (or indicate your agreement with the EFCA statement), and
- A brief statement of the ways in which your gifts, experience and personality match up with the job description above
Please note: Full disclosure—Our current total salary package for this position is $75K (salary, health insurance, retirement). In the Boston area, this $75K figure would likely be comfortable for a single person or a couple without children, but, honestly, a bit of a stretch for a growing family (although we welcome families who think they can operate within that budget). It's possible that we can bump this up another $5-10K, but we currently can make no promises beyond the $75K figure as a baseline.